The ketogenic diet has been one of the most followed diets in the world. Throughout the years, this diet has proven to help individuals lose weight. Many people have their version of their diet plans that helped them achieve their desired weight and body. Maybe you’re wondering what are these keto meals helped them lose weight. Worry no more! This article will provide you with keto meals to help you start with your fitness journey!
First things first, to succeed in following this diet plan. One needs to know first, what is Ketogenic diet is all about.
What is Keto Diet?
The ketogenic diet (or keto for short) is an extremely low-carb, high-fat, moderate-protein diet. This diet focuses on meats, dairy, eggs, fish, nuts, butter, oils, and non-starchy vegetables, similar to other grain-free and low-carb diets like paleo and Atkins.
When most of the body’s carbohydrate intake is replaced with fat, the body becomes more efficient at burning fat for energy. Normally, cells generate energy from blood sugar, which is derived from carbs. However, if the blood contains more ketones (fat molecules) than blood sugar, the body will burn stored fat instead. Ketosis is the name for this metabolic condition.
The Ketogenic diet has been around for centuries. This diet has various benefits such as a treatment for children with epilepsy and other neurological illness, but this diet is most known for its success in helping lose weight.
As you have already familiarized yourself as to what the Keto diet is, let’s now discover various Keto meals that would help you lose weight!
Keto Chaffle Breakfast Sandwich
This keto breakfast sandwich recipe features crispy bacon, an egg, and cheesy chaffles. This recipe has a low carb count but a lot of taste. It’s really quick and simple to prepare, making it ideal for hectic mornings.
Breakfast sandwiches made with chaffles are a great meal that will keep you satisfied for a long time. This recipe certainly strikes the spot — and will satisfy any fast-food breakfast sandwich cravings you may have.
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
For Sandwich Filling:
- thick-cut bacon
- fried egg
- sliced cheese
- Preheat the waffle maker as directed by the manufacturer.
- Combine the egg and shredded cheese in a small mixing dish. Stir until everything is completely blended.
- Half of the waffle batter should be poured into the waffle machine. Cook until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Continue with the other half of the batter.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy, flipping as needed. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Over medium heat, cook the egg in the same skillet with 1 tbsp of saved bacon drippings. Cook until desired level of doneness is reached.
- Assemble the sandwich and savor it.
Taco Stuffed Avocados
This healthy recipe will brighten your lunch! A healthy alternative for those oily tacos. This is one of the keto meals worth devouring!
- 4 avocados, ripe
- One piece lime’s juice
- A tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- One medium sliced onion
- 1 pound beef in the ground
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- salt kosher
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/3 of a cup Mexican cheese, shredded
- 12 cup lettuce, shredded
- 12 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- Topping with sour cream
- Avocados should be halved and pitted. Scoop out a bit of avocado with a spoon to make a larger well. Remove the avocado and dice it, then set it aside to use later. To keep avocados from browning, squeeze lime juice over them all.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Break up the meat with a wooden spoon as you add the ground beef and taco seasoning. Season with salt and pepper, and cook for 6 minutes, or until the meat is no longer pink. Remove the pan from the heat and drain the fat.
- Fill each avocado half halfway with meat, then top with cheese, lettuce, tomato, and a dollop of sour cream.
Keto fish and chips
Who says you cannot enjoy the delicious goodness of fish and chips if you’re following the Keto Diet? Say no more! This recipe is for you. Perfect as you’re dinner.
- two eggs
- 1 tablespoon of pouring cream
- 1 1/2 cup almond meal (155g)
- 40g (1/2 cup) parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 large lemon, finely grated rind
- 1/3 cup fresh continental parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (dry) (optional)
- avocados (two)
- 2 large zucchini wedges split in half
- 4 skinless firm white fish fillets, 125g
- Rice bran oil, 80ml (1/3 cup)
- Salad leaves, mixed (to serve)
- To serve, lemon wedges
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius/200 degrees Celsius fan-forced. Using the baking paper, line a large baking tray.
- In a large shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, and 1 tablespoon water. In a shallow dish, combine the almond meal, cheese, rind, parsley, and chili flakes (if using). Season.
- Remove the stone from each avocado, peel away the skin, and cut each half into 6-8 wedges.
- Coat a piece of avocado in the egg mixture, allowing excess to drip off, then coat in the almond meal mixture, one at a time. Carry on with the zucchini and fish in the same manner. Over the prepared tray, equally, distribute the crumbed avocado and zucchini. Place the crumbed fish on a plate, cover, and chill for 10 minutes to allow it to rest.
- Using a spray bottle, liberally coat the crumbed avocado and zucchini in oil. Preheat oven to 200°F and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
Keto Ice Cream
Dessert? We got you! No one could ever go wrong with ice cream. This dessert would make you feel happy without feeling guilty!
- 2 cans coconut milk (15 oz.)
- c. 2 a lot of creams
- a quarter cup eschew confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tblsp vanilla extract (pure)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Refrigerate coconut milk for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- To make whipped coconut, pour coconut cream into a large mixing basin, leaving the liquid in the can, and beat with a hand mixer until very creamy. Remove from the equation.
- To make whipped cream, whisk heavy cream in a separate large mixing bowl with a hand mixer (or in the bowl of a stand mixer) until soft peaks form. Blend in the sweetener and vanilla extract.
- Combine whipped cream and whipped coconut, then pour into a loaf pan.
- Freeze for 5 hours or until solid.